Follow That Yellow TaxiTravels
It’s milder and sunnier here in New York today and yesterday – so things like shopping and discovering some more coffee and restaurant gems that I can share with you became so much easier. So without further a due here they are.
1 Madewell in Soho – this American brand which is stocked by Net-A-Porter at home but much cheaper here is a terrific go to for everyday pieces. They also stock terrific accessories and gorgeous candles starting from 20 dollars.
2.J Crew – again massively cheaper here but they also have a wider more range of great basics and some terrific trousers.
3. Anine Bing – The instagram blogging star whose simple parred back wardrobe items made her famous has a gorgeous store on Bleaker Street in the West Village.
4. Reformation – On Ludlow street near the East Village is a terrific port of call for that special something a little bit different and unique.
5 Uniglo in Soho – This may sound like a strange recommendation but stay with me. This store are doing some terrific collaborations at the moment. Lemaire, Carine Roitfeld and Ines De La Fressange. It gets sold out really quickly in London but there’s much more of it here.
Coffee And Restaurants
1. The Butcher’s Daughter on Kenmare Street. I can’t recommend this place enough for their delicious food and great fun atmosphere. It’s all vegetarian but absolutely scrummy
2. Balthazar brasserie – the best people watching place and lovely tasty food. They also do a mean martini.
3. La Colombe Soho – very small, very cool and good coffee. You mightn’t get a seat but still worth a look.